Thames Coast Kiwi Care
TCKC Predator Control Co-ordinator
- Co-ordinate, empower and support our volunteers to carry out core tasks as listed below.
- Find, recruit, induct and train new volunteers to carry out our core tasks.
- If all else fails, do some of those tasks yourself.
Carry out pest control in our Management area.
- Trappers and other volunteers are mobilised and co-ordinated
- Traps are audited and serviced
- Traplines are maintained
- Trappers are resourced
Health and Safety
- Volunteers are inducted, registered and trained.
- Health and Safety processes are followed.
- The Health and Safety system is re-visited regularly and updated.
- Volunteer training is updated in-service.
- Trapping schedules are created and circulated
- Monthly reports are written; target audience is TCKC cttee, trappers, and membership.
- Volunteer correspondence is dealt with.
- Volunteer Sub-task managers are informed and co-ordinated.
- Manage the MAINS GIS database.
- Ensure that all trappers’ data are entered on the database
- Extract and publish summaries of data, and analyse data where appropriate
- Enter and remove traps, lines, and other data to reflect changes on the ground
- Store e-materials on TCKC Cloud storage once established
Governance and Strategic (this task group, with the possible exception of volunteer hour collection, is not delegated to volunteers)
- Attend committee meetings, present monthly report.
- Attend technical group meetings as required
- Participate in strategic planning
- Update and edit the Co-ordinator System File hard copy, with links to E-versions, so that system integrity is maintained, and the job is seamlessly transferrable.
- Gather and total volunteer hours from trappers, committee and all other volunteers month by month. Submit total monthly hours to Community Ranger, DOC Thames
- Submit expenses, receipts, service invoices to Treasurer
- Keep a simple log of hours worked and outputs achieved.
The following are more ‘open-ended ‘tasks. All are important. Not all can be addressed in the current budgeted hours. If Priority tasks are completed, then address the following according to urgency, and in consultation with the Technical Group convenor and the Chair where appropriate.
- Find/contact/encourage new volunteers
- Landowner liason
- Kiwi Avoidance Training promotion.
- Education, outreach, publicity.
Passion for the environment, experience with community groups and volunteers.
A well-organised person with an understanding of and respect for systematic approaches to management.
Literate, and comfortable with electronic media and storage.
Good people skills and a good communicator.